Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Experimenting with Enamel



I did an enamelling course at the weekend.  It was only for a day so it was just a taster of what it was like but I was pleased with what I came up with... 

 (Enamel and Copper)

Now that they’ve been fired, the colour combination that I chose reminds me of those Rhubarb and Custard sweets that I used to like as a kid!   

I’ve also been experimenting with using resin as cold enamel on silver. 
  
(Sterling Silver and Resin)

All in all, I think cold enamelling suits me better.  I did enjoy the workshop at the weekend but a lot of the time was spent in preparation – there is a lot of time needed to clean the enamel powder and the metal – I guess I’m more of an instant gratification kind of girl!  Plus, I don’t have to wear a dust mask with cold enamel – I always feel a bit claustrophobic in those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment