Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Potfest in the Pens



I blogged last week about Potfest in the Park and this weekend I went to Potfest in the Pens.  Again this was a great day out.  It has a different feel (and smell!) to the previous weekend.  It is held in an Animal Auction Mart – each of the exhibitors has one of the animal pens to display their work.  It is the only unselected show in the UK so you can see people just starting out alongside more established potters.   As with last weekend, they were all incredibly generous with their time. 



I invested in some velvet underglazes.  I use underglazes to colour the porcelain disks and I’m excited to try the velvet version – they should give some sheen to the disks.  I also bought a tile cutter with interchangeable shapes for cutting clay.  Expect some larger pendants soon! 

Well done to the organisers, Geoff and Christine Cox, for organising two such inspiring events – particularly over adjacent weekends!   

No comments:

Post a Comment