Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Boot Camp

It is time for Boot Camp again and this time it is all about clasps.  Last time I showed you some coiling work that I'd done with the Coiling Gizmo - and I wondered if I could make a clasp with these coiled components.  The answer is yes!  I've made a series of coiled links, incorporating some glass beads for some added interest.  I've paired this with a resin leaf that I made some time ago - it has been sitting in my 'to be completed' pile for a while now and it is good to find it a home!


Here is a close-up on the clasp since this is what Boot Camp is all about........................


Please go and have a look at what everyone else has been making for boot camp - there is always beautiful  and varied work on show.  

14 comments:

  1. Love your coiled links, great clasp to finish it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clasp blends completely with the rest of the necklace. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I was trying to make the clasp as seamless as possible so I'm glad that you think it blends with the rest of the necklace.

      Delete
  3. Great way to make the clasp fit the design of the necklace, What lovely colours, and wow that looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niky. The Coiling Gizmo really speeds things up - not sure I'd attempt this without it!

      Delete
  4. It's perfect! I like how the clasp is a continuation of the rest of the necklace design. Really well done and clean looking too.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete