Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Boot Camp - hoops

It is time for Boot Camp again - and this time it is all about hoops.  I don't know about you but when I think hoops, I automatically think earrings.  But I have a confession for you - I make jewellery but I don't have pierced ears.  People have looked at me incredulously about this for a while now but I've just never fancied having them done - plus I'm a bit of a baby about pain!!  I decided to make a pendant instead.

I made three silver hoops and textured two with different hammers and left one untextured.  Then I soldered them all together at the top.  While digging around in my scrap silver pot I came up with a perfect curled piece of silver that I'd chopped off a bezel I was making.  I soldered that at the top together with a silver ball (love making those!).  I also made a toggle clasp and then pulled everything together with some prehnite beads and a few black tourmaline rough stones.


I hope that you like the necklace.  Please go and have a look at everyone else's take on hoops - there is sure to be some interesting and inspiring work on show.

7 comments:

  1. I really like your design! A beautiful necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those textured hoops! The prehnite is such a lovely fresh colour too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its wonderful- and I love that you used some scraps for it too- you'd never know by looking at it. I often find perfect little pieces in my scrap bin too! thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci. I really enjoy Boot Camp - thanks to you and the fellow Love My Art jewellers for organising it.

      Delete
  4. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Follow our signals right now & profit up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete